Unsere Arbeitsgruppe ist zu 100% Drittmittelfinanziert. Hier finden Sie Stellenangebote im Rahmen laufender Projekte. Haben Sie eine eigene Finanzierung oder möchten Sie zusammen mit uns eine Projektfinanzierung beantragen, so schreiben Sie uns.
PostDoc & PhD positions in quantitative bone ultrasound imaging
Development, clinical validation & translation of novel quantitative bone imaging technologies towards a medical product
The Imaging, Simulation, & Stimulation Lab at Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin is opening PostDoc and PhD position aiming at the clinical translation and validation of a novel and unique ultrasound technology to assess the bone health status non-invasively and without ionizing radiation. We target the major musculoskeletal diseases of our ageing society, i.e., osteoporosis, but also aim at improving diagnostic possibilities in pediatric applications.
1) G. Armbrecht, H. Nguyen Minh, J. Massmann, and K. Raum, “Pore-size distribution and frequency-dependent attenuation in human cortical tibia bone discriminate fragility fractures in postmenopausal women with low bone mineral density” JBMR plus, vol. 11, e10536. 2021.
(2) G. Iori, Du J., Hackenbeck J., Kilappa V., and K. Raum, "Estimation of cortical bone microstructure from ultrasound backscatter," IEEE TUFFC, 2020, vol. 68, no. 4, 1081-1095, 2021.
(3) H.N. Minh, J. Du, and K. Raum, "Estimation of thickness and speed of sound in cortical bone using multi-focus pulse-echo ultrasound," IEEE TUFFC, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 568-579, 2020.
We are looking for candidates with profound skills in medical technology (preferably ultrasound imaging), signal processing, and programming skills (primarily Matlab/ optionally C++). to work with a startup (porous GmbH) and academic and industrial partners (France, Austria, USA).
Candidates must have
- a very good degree in physics, engineering (or equivalent),
- very good programming skills (instrumentation, data processing),
- very good English (mandatory) and German (optional) writing and communication skills. Candidates should be integrative, but should be able to work indepent in a team
What we offer:
You will work in a young interdisciplinary team together with medical partners, a local spin-off startup (porous GMBH) and international academic and industrial partners (France, Austria, USA). non state-of-the-art medical imaging technologies.
Graduation (PhD, Dr.rer.nat., Dr.Ing) in a structured programmes (BIOphysical Quantitative Imaging Towards Clinical Diagnosis, https://bioqic.de/), Berlin-Brandenburg School for Regenerative Therapies, www.bsrt.de) or habilitation.
We provide both academic and non-academic career perspectives
How to apply:
Please provide in your application a detailed C.V. (including a publication list), study transcript (for PhD applications) and a reference letter (for PostDoc applications)